Last year, I got into making my own lavender sachets. Before this, I used to buy my lavender sachets wholesale for the Sedona Aromatherapie webstore but my wholesale supplier “retired” from the business, leaving me with a choice – either I found another wholesale supplier, or I thought about making my own. With an already over-busy schedule, finding the time to actually make my own lavender aromatherapy sachets was initially a daunting thought but, after a little bit of research, I decided it would actually be fun! Not only did it give me another creative outlet (and a break from the computer once in a while!) but it meant that I could design my own lavender sachets – and come up with my own ideas! Here’s a small insight into the world of lavender aromatherapy sachets at Sedona Aromatherapie.
Materials Needed to Make a Lavender Sachet
Making your own lavender sachet couldn’t be easier; basically all you need are the following materials. What you do with the materials after that depends upon how creative you are!
- natural lavender buds
- material to make the sachet – this could be a basic organiza or linen bag, fabric cut into squares (or any other shape you want to make) – or get inventive! (see my lavender baby booties below)
- scissors, needle and thread
- accessories such as ribbon etc.
Sourcing Supplies to Make Lavender Aromatherapy Sachets
You can spend many hours browsing internet websites for supplies to make your lavender sachets, as I know from personal experience! There really is no right or wrong answer in sourcing your basic fabric (it all comes down to your own personal preference) but when sourcing your lavender buds I would advise you to compare the following before purchasing:
- where does the lavender originate from?
- what type of lavender is it? (some species are more fragrant than others and some species might be more suitable for different craft projects)
- when was the lavender harvested? (this will indicate how fresh the lavender is)
- compare bulk pricing vs. small quantity pricing.
Making lavender aromatherapy sachets is relatively easy – most of it comes down to how creative you want to be with your sachet!
I will leave you with some photos of the lavender sachets that we currently have in the Sedona Aromatherapie webstore – where you can purchase any of these sachets after you have finished reading this post! Enjoy!