using aromatherapy in pregnancy and for babies and children is an often controversial subject in the world of aromatherapy. A lot of it comes down to practical experience – and the quality of your aromatherapy training, in addition to your understanding of how essential oils work. However, there are a couple of good books out there to guide you too, one of which I am reviewing in this week’s aromatherapy book review – Aromatherapy for Babies and Children by Penny Price and Shirley Price.
About The Authors: Penny Price and Shirley Price
Penny Price is the daughter of Shirley Price and both authors have extensive experience in aromatherapy. Shirley Price is the author of several books, including Aromatherapy Workbook and Aromatherapy for Health Professionals (with husband Len Price). Penny Price now runs Penny Price Aromatherapy, an aromatherapy academy and distributor of some of the best aromatherapy products and essential oils.
About Aromatherapy For Babies and Children
The book, Aromatherapy For Babies and Children, profiles twenty common essential oils that are useful for many of the problems that babies and children suffer from; these essential oils are also some of the most suitable (and safest) to use with babies and children. In addition, other things that I like about this book are:
- actual case studies throughout the book are used to illustrate how certain essential oils are used for particular conditions
- the authors’ personal experience and use of the essential oils discussed
- the description of carrier oils to be used with essential oils and the benefits of using them with regard to babies and children
- how to use essential oils for babies and children – and recommended dosage (which is different to adults)
- An A-Z of common ailments for babies and children
- a chapter on massage (and essential oils) with photographs
- inclusion of cautions where appropriate.
If you want a basic but comprehensive book to get started using aromatherapy for babies and children, this is one that I would recommend! And I would also recommend some training in aromatherapy too 🙂
Aromatherapy for Babies and Children by Penny Price and Shirley Price is available through Amazon.
Next week, I will be starting my new series of posts on: Learn How to Make Your Own Aromatherapy Skincare and Beauty Products: Tips for Sourcing Supplies, Ingredients and Setting Up Shop.