What is the Language of Aromatics™?
Our Language of Aromatics™ Programs are a complete immersion into the world of aromatherapy, aromatic plants, aromatic gardening, sustainability, and permaculture. We believe that aromatherapists should literally go back to the roots of aromatherapy – herbalism – to appreciate the benefits of aromatherapy in all of its forms, whether that is an essential oil, or the actual plant growing in the aromatic garden. Aromatic plants can be used in many ways. Growing some of those plants teaches you to connect on a much deeper level with the plant, and totally understand how to use it.
We have several paths of aromatherapy education, and various study options, depending upon your needs and interest in aromatherapy from our informal membership school to our fully comprehensive, professional certification.
All of our programs are rooted in the traditional ways of using aromatherapy: In definition, Bo-tani-cal Aro-ma-thera-py: Plant-based aromatherapy.
The Language of Aromatics™ Program
- Botanical Aromatherapy™ Membership School: Membership School is our latest addition and we couldn’t be more excited to share our exclusive access to years of aromatherapy study and education collated and taught by our founder Sharon Falsetto. And all for ONE low fee a year! You will have access to recipes, worksheets, safety guidelines, photos, and e-classes (all downloadable to save to your computer or tablet), and much more.
- Certificate in Holistic Aromatherapy: Our foundational course in aromatherapy is designed to give the beginner to aromatherapy a comprehensive introduction to the safe and effective use of essential oils at home and for family use. You can study for pleasure or add the examination module to get your NAHA level 1 aromatherapy certificate!
- Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy: Our most comprehensive aromatherapy course is designed for professionals or aspiring professionals in aromatherapy. It takes your aromatherapy education to a whole new level. This aromatherapy course gives both professionals and non-professionals a comprehensive, professional aromatherapy certification in the study of safe and effective application of essential oils and aromatics, with an emphasis on products and their use, either in a clinical practice setting, or for use in a skincare product line. If you successfully complete the examination module for the professional aromatherapy certification, you will be able to apply for NAHA Certified Professional Aromatherapist®
- NEW! Aromatherapy E-classes: Short, hour-long or more classes on specific subject areas taught via zoom live (and recorded for download and purchase later). Many aromatherapy e-classes form part of Membership School at no extra cost to members. However, they are also available to purchase individually to non-members and purchased in our shop here! Check out our inaugural class today!
All of our aromatherapy classes and courses are 100% online with one-on-one mentoring from Sharon Falsetto. No substitutes. Direct contact with our founder with unlimited access during the course of your study.
To learn more about our individual aromatherapy courses and classes, click on the applicable button below!
We offer the Language of Aromatics™ Program which includes the Certificate of Holistic Aromatherapy and Certificate of Professional Aromatherapy. Both courses are approved by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
We offer a FREE guide to both courses which you can find for download in our shop.
The Certificate in Holistic Aromatherapy meets NAHA Level 1 standards. Ready to learn more? Visit the shop page!
The Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy meets NAHA Level 2 standards. Ready to learn more? Visit the shop page!
The Certificate in Holistic Aromatherapy is made up of 30 lessons over 8 modules. Each lesson has a short assignment to complete (either a table format or short answers). At the end of each module, you need to complete a practical project as instructed. If you take module 9, you will need to complete a 5 to 10-page research paper on a given topic, 5 case studies with clients (from family and friends), and a final examination.
The Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy is much longer with about 60 lessons and longer answer assignments (often an essay-style question of 1 to 2 pages). There are several practical projects to complete. You will also need to complete a 5 to 10-page research paper on a given topic, 10 case studies with clients (from family and friends), and a final examination.
There is no time limit to complete either course. However, we ask that you keep us informed if you intend to take a break of more than a year. Otherwise, additional course fees may be applied.
On average, most students take 6 months to complete the Certificate in Holistic Aromatherapy and 2 years to complete the Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy.
Sharon Falsetto, BA (Hons) is a well-respected and experienced aromatherapist with many years in the aromatherapy industry. To learn more about Sharon’s experience, teachings, and more visit the About page.
You will receive one-on-one mentoring via email with your tutor, Sharon Falsetto. No substitutions. Sharon believes in mentoring each student from start to finish. You will also be invited to join our private student Facebook group to interact with your peers (not compulsory).
We offer a student kit of supplies for the Certificate in Holistic Aromatherapy. You can find a list of contents of the kit in our shop.
No. Both courses are independent of each other. The Certificate in Holistic Aromatherapy is designed for those who want a comprehensive education in aromatherapy for home and community use. The Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy is designed for the serious aromatherapist who wants to practice professionally and/or set up a line of aromatherapy products or businesses.
We offer payment plans through Paypal Pay Later (4 interest-free payments over 2 months) or Paypal Credit (interest-free payments over 6 months). You will be given the option at checkout to select either of these options.
If Paypal is not an option in your country of residence, please contact us to discuss an alternative payment plan option.
Yes, at select times of the year. However, our scholarships are guaranteed at 40% of the retail price of the course. Check out our scholarship page to learn more.
There are many good aromatherapy schools out there. Here is how we differ from many:
- Although not a non-profit organization, we model our business on the L3C tax model. We are a low-profit, socially-driven business, offering high-standard, low-cost aromatherapy education for all.
- We offer scholarships. Guaranteed!
- We are hands-on. All courses are taught personally by Sharon Falsetto and are modeled on a mentoring program vs a standard aromatherapy course.
- We are online! No matter where you are in the world, we are accessible.
- We are small. You are not just a number. Each student matters to us – personally.
- We are truly international, with students from 6 of the 7 continents of the world.
- Your tutor is British but has been living in the United States for 15 years. She is well-traveled and understands her students come from different backgrounds and all walks of life, with the challenges which come from that.