What is the Language of Aromatics™ Program?
Our Language of Aromatics™ Program is a complete immersion into the world of aromatherapy, aromatic plants, aromatic gardening, sustainability, and permaculture. We believe that aromatherapists should literally go back to the roots of aromatherapy – herbalism – to appreciate the benefits of aromatherapy in all of its forms, whether that is an essential oil, or the actual plant growing in the aromatic garden. Aromatic plants can be used in many ways. Growing some of those plants teaches you to connect on a much deeper level with the plant, and totally understand how to use it.
We have several paths of aromatherapy education, and various study options, depending upon your needs and interest in aromatherapy from our informal membership school to our fully comprehensive, professional certification.
All of our Language of Aromatics™ Programs are rooted in the traditional ways of using aromatherapy: In definition, Bo-tani-cal Aro-ma-thera-py: Plant-based aromatherapy.
The Language of Aromatics™ Program
- Botanical Aromatherapy™ Membership School: Membership School is our growing vision of the future of aromatherapy learning, and we couldn’t be more excited to share our exclusive access to years of aromatherapy study and education collated and taught by our founder Sharon Falsetto Chapman. And all for ONE low fee a year! You will have access to recipes, worksheets, safety guidelines, photos, e-classes (all downloadable to save to your computer or tablet), and much more.
- Certificate in Community Aromatherapy: Our foundational course in aromatherapy is designed to give the beginner to aromatherapy a comprehensive introduction to the safe and effective use of essential oils at home and for family use. You can study for pleasure or add the examination module to get your NAHA level 1 aromatherapy certificate!
- Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy: Our most comprehensive aromatherapy course is designed for professionals or aspiring professionals in aromatherapy. It takes your aromatherapy education to a whole new level. This aromatherapy course gives both professionals and non-professionals a comprehensive, professional aromatherapy certification in the study of safe and effective application of essential oils and aromatics, with an emphasis on products and their use, either in a clinical practice setting or for use in a skincare product line. If you successfully complete the examination module for the professional aromatherapy certification, you will be able to apply for NAHA Certified Professional Aromatherapist® status.
- Virtual Aromatherapy Mentorship Program: Our virtual aromatherapy mentorship program allows you to study exclusively with Sharon Falsetto Chapman one-on-one for our Certificate in Community Aromatherapy (including the assessment module). Study is one-on-one via zoom and includes a copy of the PDF workbooks (as included in our individual Certificate in Community Aromatherapy option), live blending sessions for each of the required projects in the course, a monthly check-in for Q&A with your class tutor, and a final class meeting. We can also arrange a different schedule for you if that works better.
- Aromatherapy E-classes: Short, hour-long or more classes on specific subject areas taught via zoom live (and recorded for download and purchase later as an on-demand class). Many aromatherapy e-classes form part of Membership School at no extra cost to members. However, they are also available to purchase individually to non-members and purchased in our shop here!
All of our aromatherapy classes and courses are 100% online with one-on-one mentoring from Sharon Falsetto Chapman. No substitutes. Direct contact, at varying levels, with our founder with unlimited access during the course of your study.
Checklist of Our Learning Options
We offer the Certificate of Community Aromatherapy and Certificate of Professional Aromatherapy. Both courses are approved by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA).
We offer a FREE guide that discusses both courses and you can find it for download in our shop.
The Certificate in Community Aromatherapy meets NAHA Level 1 standards. Ready to learn more? Visit the shop page!
The Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy meets NAHA Level 2 standards. Ready to learn more? Visit the shop page!
The Certificate in Community Aromatherapy is made up of 30 lessons over 8 modules. Each lesson has a short assignment to complete (either a table format or short answers). At the end of each module, you need to complete a practical project as instructed. If you take the assessment module, you will need to complete a 5-to-10-page research paper on a given topic, 5 case studies with clients (from family and friends), and a final examination.
The Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy is much longer with about 60 lessons and longer answer assignments (often an essay-style question of 1 to 2 pages). There are several practical projects to complete. You will also need to complete a 5-to-10-page research paper on a given topic, 10 case studies with clients (from family and friends), and a final examination.
There is no time limit to complete either course certification. However, we ask that you keep us informed if you intend to take a break for more than a year. Otherwise, additional course fees may be applied.
On average, most students take 6 months to complete the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy and 2 years to complete the Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy.
Sharon Falsetto Chapman, BA (Hons) is a well-respected and experienced aromatherapist with many years in the aromatherapy industry. To learn more about Sharon’s experience, teachings, and more visit the About page.
You will receive one-on-one mentoring via email with your tutor, Sharon Falsetto Chapman, for our traditional distance learning options. No substitutions. Sharon believes in mentoring each student from start to finish.
For virtual and live options, see FAQ below.
We no longer offer student kits of supplies for either course. But we can provide you with a list of supplies needed for each course upon request.
No. Both courses are independent of each other. The Certificate in Community Aromatherapy is designed for those who want a comprehensive education in aromatherapy for home and community use. The Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy is designed for the serious aromatherapist who wants to practice professionally and/or set up a line of aromatherapy products or businesses.
We offer payment plans through Paypal Pay Later (4 interest-free payments over 2 months) or Paypal Credit (interest free payments over 6 months). You will be given the option at checkout to select either of these options.
We also offer payment plans through Partial.ly. You will see this option listed on the relevant product page (valued at over $200). As we do not get paid upfront for this method of payment (unlike Paypal credit options), there is a 10% convenience fee factored into the cost of the plan.
Starting spring 2023, we will be offering our first automatically scholarship-funded aromatherapy program with the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy program! This follows on from our success from 2022 to 2022, in awarding application-based scholarship programs to over 65 students. Check out our scholarship page to learn more!
There are many good aromatherapy schools out there. Here is how we differ from other schools:
- Although not a non-profit organization, we model our business on the L3C tax model. We are a low-profit, socially-driven business, offering high-standard, low-cost aromatherapy education for all.
- We offer scholarships. Guaranteed!
- We are hands-on. All courses are taught personally by Sharon Falsetto Chapman and are modeled on a mentoring program vs a standard aromatherapy course.
- We are online! No matter where you are in the world, we are accessible.
- We are small. You are not just a number. Each student matters to us – personally.
- We have designed our courses with our type of student in mind. Many of our students prefer the traditional (distance learning) option but we now offer live, virtual sessions via Zoom if you need more visual learning and interactive demonstrations of projects (not just a plug-and-play video!), giving you a chance to ask questions and interact with fellow students (if preferred).
- We are truly international, with students from 6 of the 7 continents of the world.
- Your tutor is British but has been living in the United States for 17 years. She is well-traveled and understands her students come from different backgrounds and all walks of life, with the challenges which come from that.
- Sharon herself took her initial aromatherapy certification via distance learning (more or less pre-internet days!) and has also taken live Zoom classes during the pandemic, giving her the best understanding of student needs for online education.
Membership School is our latest addition, and we couldn't be more excited to share our exclusive access to years of aromatherapy study and education collated and taught by our founder Sharon Falsetto Chapman. And all for ONE low fee a year! You will have access to recipes, worksheets, safety guidelines, photos, e-classes (all downloadable to save to your computer or tablet), and much more.
Short, hour-long or more classes on specific subject areas taught via zoom live (and recorded for download and purchase later as an on-demand class). Many aromatherapy e-classes form part of Membership School at no extra cost to members. However, they are also available to purchase individually to non-members and purchased in our shop here!
Yes! We offer live classes via Zoom for our Certificate in Community Aromatherapy certification course and short e-classes. For the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy, you can choose our one-on-one Virtual Aromatherapy Mentoring Program, exclusively with Sharon!