Who is our certificate in community aromatherapy program for?
Enrollment in our Certificate in Community Aromatherapy Program includes:
How Do I Enroll in Class?
Sharon Falsetto Chapman, BA (Hons) is a well-respected and experienced aromatherapist with many years in the aromatherapy industry. To learn more about Sharon’s experience, teachings, and more visit the About page.
We offer payment plans through Paypal Pay Later (4 interest-free payments over 2 months) or Paypal Credit (interest free payments over 6 months). You will be given the option at checkout to select either of these options.
We also offer payment plans through Partial.ly. You will see this option listed on the relevant product page (valued at over $200). As we do not get paid upfront for this method of payment (unlike Paypal credit options), there is a 10% convenience fee factored into the cost of the plan.
The Certificate in Community Aromatherapy is made up of 30 lessons over 8 modules. Each lesson has a short assignment to complete (either a table format or short answers). There are also eight projects to complete for each module including making products such as an aromatherapy inhaler, scrub, oil etc. You also need to complete 3 x 1 hour e-classes included in the course (available on-demand). If you take the assessment and examination module, you will need to complete a 5-to-10-page research paper on a given topic, 5 case studies with clients (from family and friends), and a final examination.
Monthly group zoom sessions are optional and are student-led, meaning that we meet and discuss any issues brought up by students whatever stage of the course they are currently doing.
There is no time limit to complete the certificate. However, we ask that you keep us informed if you intend to take a break for more than a year. Otherwise, additional course fees may be applied.
On average, most students take 6 months to complete the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy but it may take you less or more time, depending on your personal circumstances.
You will receive one-on-one mentoring via email with your tutor, Sharon Falsetto Chapman. Absolutely no substitutions. Sharon believes in mentoring each student from start to finish. If you participate in our monthly zoom group sessions, you will also be able to ask questions both of Sharon and your peers.
You also receive one year's membership to Botanical Aromatherapy School, so you can participate in on-demand eclasses, and any live e-classes held within that year. You'll also have access to other amazing content such as PDF downloads for blend recipes, materia medica, and more.Click here for further information.
We no longer offer any kits with our courses. We prefer to use that time in mentoring our students one-on-one. However, we do provide a list of suppliers (included in your course materials) and we are happy to make recommendations for purchases.
You will be provided with a list of the supplies that you need to complete the certificate in your welcome materials on enrollment. The cost of these supplies averages around $300, depending on what you choose to purchase. You may have some of the materials already at home. You will also need to purchase a copy of Sharon's book, Authentic Aromatherapy.
For the past few years, we have offered scholarships, of varying amounts, at select times of the years. We have now decided to incorporate a 60% scholarship for everyone enrolling in our certificate in community aromatherapy courses! This discount is already applied to the cost of the courses and no further application is necessary. If you compare the cost of our course to comparable courses within the industry, you will be able to compare average costs. We fund each scholarship-based certificate ourselves, taking less profit on each sale.
There are many good aromatherapy schools out there. Here is how we differ from other schools:
- Although not a non-profit organization, we model our business on the L3C tax model. We are a low-profit, socially-driven business, offering high-standard, low-cost aromatherapy education for all.
- We offer scholarships. Guaranteed!
- We are hands-on. All courses are taught personally by Sharon Falsetto Chapman and are modeled on a mentoring program vs a standard aromatherapy course.
- We are online! No matter where you are in the world, we are accessible.
- We are small. You are not just a number. Each student matters to us – personally.
- We have designed our courses with our type of student in mind. Many of our students prefer the traditional (self-study) option but we now offer live, virtual sessions via Zoom if you need more visual learning and interactive demonstrations of projects (not just a plug-and-play video!), giving you a chance to ask questions and interact with fellow students (if preferred).
- We are truly international, with students from 6 of the 7 continents of the world.
- Your tutor is British but has been living in the United States for 17 years. She is well-traveled and understands her students come from different backgrounds and all walks of life, with the challenges which come from that.
- Sharon herself took her initial aromatherapy certification via distance learning (more or less pre-internet days!) and has also taken live Zoom classes during the pandemic, giving her the best understanding of student needs for online education.
Yes! We now include monthly live classes via Zoom for our Certificate in Community Aromatherapy certificate and short e-classes via Botanical Aromatherapy school (remember that your first year is included for free on enrollment!). If you decide you need even more one-on-one exclusivity with Sharon, you can opt for our upgraded Virtual Aromatherapy Mentoring Program, exclusively with Sharon!
If you have specific questions which are not answered in our FAQ please reach out directly to email@example.com.