Aromatic Journaling Workshop
I created the original aromatic journalingTM method in 2018 as part of the Healing from the Aromatic Garden workshop. Aromatic Journaling™ helps us to connect on a deeper level with a specific plant or plants that we are drawn to at a particular moment in time. By studying and journaling about that plant in the Aromatic Journaling workshop, we learn how to use it more effectively in aromatic blends. We may learn to use it as an “ally” in times of emotional stress and/or trauma, and how we can move forward and incorporate other plants in a similar way through the same method.
In the Aromatic Journaling workshop you will learn:
- How to start the Aromatic Journaling™ process.
- Choose one plant and record initial observations of the plant and/or oil.
- If available, you may have the opportunity to study the plant in our garden or observe other plants in a similar process so that you know how to do the same with your chosen plant.
- Use your chosen plant in oil format to create an initial aromatic blend that you can turn to in times of stress/trauma.
- How to continue the process of Aromatic Journaling™ beyond this workshop.
You will also learn how scent affects our emotions and receive worksheets and charts to help you create a simple blend, even if you are new to aromatherapy. Note that this workshop does not cover any in-depth study of plants and oils commonly used for emotional healing. This is discussed in our 2-day Healing from the Aromatic Garden Workshop.
You will have access to:
- Our extensive library of aromatherapy and plant books (approx. 100 books)
- Our apothecary of essential oils, carrier oils, infused oils, hydrosols and plant extracts (200 or more)
- Our garden of aromatic plants (in season).
You will take home:
- A course workbook
- An Aromatic Journaling™ notebook
- One aromatic blend creation
- The skills to empower you to heal emotionally with aromatic oils and plants.
You should take this workshop if:
- You personally struggle with emotional stress, trauma, or abuse.
- You work in a professional capacity in the area of emotional domestic abuse/trauma, emotional PTSD symptoms, and similar situations. It can give you a new tool to help with emotional healing in these situations.
What you Need to Know
Location: The Aromatic Journaling™ workshop is located on a private one acre original homestead property, situated approximately five minutes outside of Sedona (West). We have a garden studio which houses our working still, and as separate room for blending and making custom blends during class and for business. Our aromatic garden surrounds the building structures (including our home) and you will be free to investigate our plants (depending upon season).
We are at the end of a private dirt road (accessible by all types of vehicles) in the quiet countryside of “original” Sedona surroundings. Full directions will be provided with your information sheet once you have paid the final balance for your workshop/retreat. We value the privacy and quiet of our surroundings, so be mindful of your interaction with residents and nature when visiting us.
What’s Included: Refreshments such as coffee, tea, water, and juice are provided due to our more remote location.
Continuing Education (CE Credits): Continuing education (CE) credits are available to meet National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) CE requirements and the Aromatherapy Registration Council (ARC) CE requirements (2 hours for each workshop).