Assessment and Examination Content
The Certificate in Community Aromatherapy Assessment and Examination is made up of three parts:
• Five Case Studies: The case studies will pull together all the work you’ve completed throughout the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy course. You will be able to create a suitable aromatherapy blend for various conditions for your volunteers. Three of the case studies must be over a period of three months, and the final two case studies may cover acute (shorter) conditions if you want to do so.
• Research Paper: You will be given a choice of completing either a botanical or clinical research study within the scope of the course. You will also be expected to suggest a suitable aromatherapy blend for your research topic.
• Multi-choice Examination: The final examination consists of approximately 100 questions, covering all subject areas of the course. The examination is open-book, but you will be expected to return the completed examination paper in a timely manner.
*BONUS: You also receive up to 3 one-on-one zoom sessions (of no longer than 1 hour each) with Sharon to discuss your assessment needs!*
After Completing the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy
On successful completion of the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy Assessment and Examination, you will receive a certificate of completion in Community Aromatherapy from Sedona Aromatics. By completing this final part of the course, you can apply for level 1 membership with the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy and receive:
• Subscription to the NAHA Aromatherapy Journal
• Access to recorded webinars (over 80)
• Professional and product liability insurance options
• NAHA conference registration discount (every 2 years)
• Other benefits as described on the NAHA website.
Once you have completed the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy, you may wish to go onto further study with the Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy course.