The Certificate in Community Aromatherapy program is a both a beginner aromatherapy course and a course for those looking to seek level 1 certification as outlined by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA). It is an extremely comprehensive course program, covering all aspects of aromatherapy (including practical) for the safe and effective use of essential oils at home and for family use. It is a stand-alone course program from the Certificate in Professional Aromatherapy which is more in-depth with college type essay-style assignments to complete.
For more information on the Certificate in Community Aromatherapy Program before purchase, please visit this page.
Information about joining and accessing the Botanical Membership School and monthly student zoom sessions will be manually sent to you within 5 business days of purchase (unless otherwise stated).
Overview of Certificate in Community Aromatherapy Course Program:
The Certificate in Community Aromatherapy program is for:
- those wanting to take care of family in more natural ways
- those who enjoy using essential oils but need more solid education in using it safely
- those with a love of scent and natural products
- those who wish to pursue a professional path in aromatherapy but are unsure of committing to a more extensive course at the moment
- retirees looking for a useful and natural project or challenge
- stay-at-home parents who are looking for ways to take care of their children’s minor health issues – naturally and safely
- budding homesteaders looking for a more “natural” way for health care
- budding aromapreneurs wishing to start an aromatherapy product business
- healthcare professionals (nurses, FNPs, MDs) who want to understand the basics of aromatherapy and use it safely.
Essentially, this course is for those involved in their community and wanting to learn aromatherapy for themselves, their family, or the wider community. This may involve making aromatherapy blends and products and/or educating small groups on the benefits of aromatherapy.
What This Course Includes:
- Modules One to Eight Course Workbooks: Eight basic modules of thirty lessons to break your studying into shorter, manageable portions.
- Assignment Workbooks: You have eight assignment workbooks relating to each module. Complete each workbook after you complete the associated module and submit to me for marking. Assignments can also be found within the module workbooks for your reference. However, submit the assignment workbooks for marking.
- Blend Recipes and Projects Workbook: Work through the blend recipes at your own pace.
- Project Completion Submission Workbook: Complete the projects in the Blends Recipes and Projects Workbook and submit for marking if you want to receive a certificate of completion. You can submit these projects at the end of the course.
- Monthly Group Zoom Sessions (Student-led): Meet up once a month with your fellow students (as required) and discuss any aspect of the course with them and your tutor Sharon Falsetto Chapman.
- Botanical Aromatherapy Membership School eclasses: We have included eclasses available in membership school within this course to solidify your learning of the lessons. You are required to complete some of the eclasses (as indicated) for a certificate of completion, but we recommend viewing all content for further knowledge within the first year (when your membership will expire unless you renew it).
- Optional and Additional Purchase: Assessment and Examination Module: 5 -10-page research paper, 5 case histories (over three months), and a final examination paper (pass mark 80%). Completion of this module is required if you want a certificate of completion which meets NAHA level 1 standards.