Essential Oil Chemistry for the Aromatherapist is a course written by Rosemary Caddy under the title of Essential Oils in Colour: The Caddy Profiles.
Essential Oil Chemistry for the Aromatherapist course is written by Rosemary Caddy. It is delivered in a home study format by Sharon Falsetto. It is expected that you have some understanding of aromatherapy chemistry before completing this course. The course uses visual learning through completion of practical coloring exercises. You will also need basic math and writing skills to compute and write down given data in order to create a Caddy Profile.
This course is for:
- practicing aromatherapists
- certified aromatherapists
- aromatherapists seeking to take their blending skills to the next level and be able to create more complex therapeutic blends for their clients
- serious aromatherapy chemistry enthuisasts.
In Essential Oil Chemistry for the Aromatherapist, you will discover:
- how to use Caddy’s formula and charts to create your own Caddy Profiles for any essential oil or essential oil blend
- how to compare a Classic Caddy Profile of an essential oil to a GC-MS batch specific essential oil profile and the expected chemical properties to the actual chemical properties
- how to create a Caddy Profile from any GS-MS report or data analysis of an essential oil
- how to compare the common chemical families of an essential oil
- how to compare related essential oil species and why it is important to understand the chemical make-up of similar essential oils
- how changing the percentage of one essential oil in a blend can change the therapeutic properties of that blend.
- You will need to complete three given practice case studies in class to learn how to use the Caddy Profiles to create a therapeutic blend for a specific problem.
You will receive a 30 page student workbook to complete and return for marking of the required exercises. You will also receive a 50 page instructor workbook which helps to guide you through completion of the course. Once you have successfully completed all of the required exercises, you will be issued with a Certificate of Completion.
A copy of Rosemary Caddy’s book, Essential Oils in Colour; a calculator; colored pencils in various shades of colors; a sample of the essential oils of lavender (Lavandula angustifolia), tea tree (Melaleuca alternifolia), Roman chamomile (Chamaemelum nobile), cinnamon leaf (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), geranium (Pelargonium graveolens), black pepper (Piper nigrum), nutmeg (Myristica fragrans), and tagetes (Tagetes glandulifera).
Continuing Education (CE Credits): Continuing education (CE) credits are available to meet National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA) CE requirements and the Aromatherapy Registration Council (ARC) CE requirements (20 hours).