If you are a regular reader of Aromatherapy Notes, you will no doubt be aware that I am writing a foundation course in aromatherapy, scheduled for a late Spring 2012 launch. As it is now nearly the end of April, I thought that today I would give you a quick update on the progress of the course and when you might expect to see it published!
The Work Involved in the Preparation of the Sedona Aromatherapie Foundation Course in Aromatherapy
When I first decided to write and launch my own professional foundation course in aromatherapy, I perhaps didn’t realize the amount of work that would entail! Yes, I could have taken the “easy” route and duplicated a ready-made course that was already out there, but I wanted to share some of my own experiences, training and personality within the course! So, here’s a little bit of information on what has been involved in preparing this first full length professional aromatherapy course from Sedona Aromatherapie:
- writing an outline for the course following the professional guidelines laid down by the National Association for Holistic Aromatherapy (NAHA), level 1, in order that I can submit the course for professional accreditation
- writing 100 + pages on the content of the aromatherapy course, along with diagrams, photos, video media, assignments and guidelines
- submitting the course for editing by someone other than me (no one is perfect! 🙂 )
- converting the course from a word document to a PDF file
- copying and uploading the course to my website program for online study
- submitting the course for a final edit for the online version
- learning the website technology required to protect my online course from unauthorized access ( I like the “hands-on” approach!)
- pricing the course with associated options and tools
- preparing a submission for professional accreditation
- waiting for the course to be professionally accredited
- releasing the aromatherapy course for public sale!
At the time of writing this post, I am at the “copying and uploading the course for online study” stage, although I have to say I don’t follow a strict order and some of the latter stages have already been completed as well. I am still hoping to have the Sedona Aromatherapie Foundation Course in Aromatherapy ready for study by the end of May/beginning of June 2012 but, as you can see, the process is very complex!
A Sneak Peek at the Sedona Aromatherapie Foundation Course in Aromatherapy
I thought that you might appreciate this quick look at the process in the development of the foundation aromatherapy course today. I also thought you might like a sneak peak at what the course will cover; more details will be released on the website when the course is published, in addition to a full course outline on request via e-mail. You can also keep up with course updates on the newly created facebook page, Aromatherapy Courses. In the meantime, here’s a few sneak peek details about the new course:
- the course will be offered with 3 options
- some of the course elements include aromatherapy in history, botany for aromatherapists, essential oil profiles, quality of essential oils, safety of essential oils, an introduction to the body’s systems, emotional impact of essential oils plus recipes and instructions for making some basic aromatherapy products
- the online version will be supported by video tutorials
- the course will be a natural stepping stone to further study in aromatherapy – or it simply provides you with enough information to use aromatherapy products at home safely and naturally!
- there will be different pricing structures depending on your needs and location.
If you are interested in studying this new course which will introduce you to the world of aromatherapy, please visit the courses website page, the Aromatherapy Courses facebook page or e-mail me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you for your support and hope to see you soon!